welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Saturday 10 August 2013

Waves Of Thankfulness

                    He stilled the storm to a whisper,
          the waves of the sea were hushed.
           They were glad when it grew calm, 
          and He guided them to their desired haven.
                           Psalms 107:29-30.

                                      
                                       
Few things bring perspective to my heart more, than standing beside water and seeing waves roll relentlessly to the shore. 
The sheer force and beauty of it is inspiring and ever so humbling.

I took this video on our recent holiday, at the beach close by. My two youngest and friends, had been determined to go for a night time swim. 
I am so glad, because as we came down the long hill that leads to the beach, and they kicked off their flip flops and ran to the water, I stood and simply gazed in awe at a most brilliant canvas.

I don't know what kind of week you've had, but at times waves of worry and anxiety can also feel relentless. I wrestle these at times. 
Then this week I came across the verse above. It was exactly what I needed. 
God stills the storm to a whisper. He guides us to our desired haven.

What could be better than that? 

and then it goes on to say....

Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love,
              and His wonderful deeds for men. Psalm 107:31

thank-you....
for summer weather...long days,comfortable nights.
for safety in travels.
for daughter counselling at camp all summer.
for her weekends home.
for knowing this is only the beginning.
for being able to cook at the camp this week.
that my youngest two & cousin can be there with me.
garden fare...
for suppers on the grill...corn,zucchini,peppers,tomato,sausage.
potatoes from the garden.
blueberries.....(from store)
children humming 
son strumming
creative children
spared head lice ( after finding out someone we had over had it)
making applesauce,
and pickles,
daughter excited for next year.
her feeling better after a nasty summer flu bug.
hydrangea...
bouquets by the sink.
trips to the library and the calm it induces.


                                    


            I  hope your week brings you moments to feel and be thankful for little things...
                                like sand on bare feet.....
                                                   ~Blessings ~



                                             

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy, we enjoyed your posting... and the video of the waves and water and sand. I felt it washing over me.... it felt wonderful.


    And what a wonderful piece from Psalm 107... I feel so refreshed being here.

    Thank you, Lucy!

    And those thongs in the sand... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... I just added the link to this posting on my Facebook... I wanted others to enjoy this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Counting blessings is my favorite thing to do. God is so good to us.
    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful how the rolling waves can wash over you in every way.
    How calming it can be just to be still and breathe the wonders in of His creation.
    What great gifts He gives us to enjoy.
    Loved your video and your children enjoying those waves.
    Love the way His Word washes over us too...making us whole and calm and filled with His peace that surpasses understanding.
    Love & hugs to you Lucy xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is one of my favorite scriptures. The Lord gave it to me as a promise many years ago. I hold on dearly to it. I have been longing to swim all week. Water can be so comforting and freeing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post, Lucy! The video of the waves breaking on the shore...your list of gratitudes...the row of flip-flops in the sand...and mostly the Words of Life that speak comfort and power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, isn't this the cutest picture, Lucy. I love all the flip flops in different colors. That is such a cool summer picture. I'm glad that you find so many things to be thankful for all the time. I have worries at times, like you said, but I am blessed in so many ways. What a wonderful post today.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Lucy, for your comment on my anniversary post today. It touched my heart very much. Have a nice weekend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...