welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 7 April 2016

Turning Tables or Rather Furniture

      this quote made me laugh, glad I'm not the only one who has a relationship with faithful furniture:)                                          
                                                         


My family didn't believe me at first when I mentioned that it was time to send my white couch away...

After all they likely have gotten used to hearing my occasional whims somewhere in the recesses of their brains...
But this time I may have meant it because one day it was sitting there in the middle of the piano room, looking just a little forlorn and out of place, and I was singing we had joy we had fun, we had seasons in the sun..
                                                              

It began on that sunny Monday morning in March when suddenly I wondered if I could move the chaise from the family room into the living room/piano room. 
                                                
I began the search for two chairs for the space in the family room where the chaise had been. I had considered doing this for some time to accommodate a better conversational/sitting area...

After a relatively easy search I found two chairs that were perfect in my opinion for the family room. I loved the French country feel they have and the way they complimented the rest of the room, (and quite honestly the sale price.)
                                                   



One day shortly after finding my chairs I stumbled upon this little side table.
                                                     


 I almost began dancing right there in the thrift store...it was perfect...so cute...
a future paint project perhaps but perfect just the way it is...nestled between my chairs it made just the right spot to set a cup of coffee down while reading.
                                                    



Now the chaise lives in it's new spot...in the piano room,                                              




the white couch and chair have been lovingly sent away to a new home...a friend of a friend actually ended up getting them, so I'm delighted to know they found another good home...

and my new chairs are being broke in... 
                                              



     Life keeps on turning, sometimes furniture does too.



sharing with...http://www.whitespraypaintblog.com/

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when one thing leads to another and it is a great success?
    I love everything you have done.
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.
    I am so glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, you know some people move furniture around and some people don't. I don't...usually. My friends were in town last weekend and we proceeded to move my family room all around. The new arrangement seems a little weird to me just because it's different but it's better for several reasons. I'm loving the move furniture around plan. :)

    Everything you've done looks great. Love the soft green color of your walls behind the pretty chairs.

    Thank you for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You've made us smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is a great quote as are your new chairs! Your post is such a happy addition to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Thank you SO much for sharing the joy.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your friend is so lucky to have gotten your white couch, love that one. Your new French chairs look so charming in the family room. And that little side table is cute and fits just right between your chairs. Don't ya just love it when we find the perfect pieces for our home? The quote made me laugh, as it sounds like something from my childhood too.

    Have a nice rest of the week, Lucy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...