welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Saturday 28 April 2012

Savoring Simplicity

Thank- you for days when alarm clocks are silent,
along with the wind.

Thank- you that boy who has had fever for three days, is somewhat better,and will soon be back to this..
 .

Thank- you for reminding me that health is a gift,     and should never be taken for granted.


THANK-YOU FOR DIRT, AND THE WAY IT PRECEDES BEAUTY.




  Thank-you for the word YES, and the way it makes people happy.

Thank-you for porches to escape to in the afternoon ,to watch daughter with horses while other daughter plays piano beautifully.

   Thank-you that disappointments come to make us strong,
and keep us thankful,
and believing that " all things work together for good.(Romans 8 :28)


I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very exciting happens,but just those that bring simple little pleasures,following one another softly,
 like pearls slipping off a string.
(L M Montgomery.)

5 comments:

  1. Happy and blessed sunday darling !!!...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with you on this post, what a nice way of living life.
    Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Lucy ~ and the L.M. Montgomery quote sums it all up, doesn't it? Thank God for simple pleasures, lessons, and life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the picture of the bench is the true depiction of the hours of leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy,
    This is just what I needed today. This weekend, we had such a hectic schedule looking for Nel's wedding dresses. I really enjoy the simple things. It gives me peace. Thank you for giving me some peace today. I just love that last quote, and I think I will write it down.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...