welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 3 April 2015

Beside Still Waters

Hello dear friends,
I am here this evening to  share a few photos I took today.
It is Good Friday, and in order to keep it from simply being another day where we see what we can accomplish we took a drive to the nearest beach we have ....


 It was so quiet, only a few other souls out here...no sound of waves or seagulls...


the water was still covered with ice, enshrouded in a deep and somber mystery...
my girls give the lonely swings some company...


I sit and breathe in the silence of the sea...listening to its sacred message to me...



we wander, searching the shore , than I see it. I see exactly what we are looking for....


there it is...a simple stone with a cross visibly scratched onto the surface . I stoop transfixed, fascinated and excited I call to the others ahead, "look at this!"
It was enough, it was there just for me...to see, remember and know.


I keep going because of this truth, and simply like everything here on a frigid Good Friday.

I wait.....



He stilled the storm to a whisper, the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and He guided them to their desired haven. Psalm 107 29&30


Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend...




5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. There is no place I would rather be than beside still waters. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy easter....love Ria...xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful. Sending hugs for a beautiful Resurrection celebration.
    Thank you so much for sharing this, Lucy. It's speaks to me.

    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blessing you came upon, beside your still waters.

    Happy Easter Sunday, Lucy!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was in my heart on Good Friday. What a special rock you saw on beach with a message to keep. And you sitting on the bench being silent and listening......very nice, Lucy.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...