welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Monday 20 April 2015

Paint Project Update

At the end of my last post I mentioned that I had a new table for my family room...



I painted it with milk paint...in artissimo. I am in love with the name and the colour:)
                  
It is a rich, almost navy but not quite...sort of like a dusky night....


                                             here's what it looked like before...


 I like the way it pairs with this chair better at this height...(now should I paint the chair also?:)

while I was in paint mode I painted this chair also in artissimo but dark waxed it after.



I also tackled the cupboard in my laundry room....which had been an orangey oak before..

    here I used old white and antique wax...not sure if I'm happy with it,  But I can change it if                                           I decide to,that's the beauty of paint. right?

because I am not sure if it is the spring outside my door bursting and beckoning me..but I sense everything seems to be waking up and renewing...


                                                    Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I like that dark grey...it really looks good with your light grey china hutch. Oh and the chair too...greys and whites are my favorite color palette. I was painting the sea in these shades this weekend to add to my Seawater Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your paint projects are coming along nicely. I'm not much of a painter, and I am having a hard time choosing what color to use just for the sides of a piece of artwork. I admire all that you've done with your table and chair and cupboards. It looks great, Lucy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful enhancements, Lucy, on all the pieces, and they look perfect in their existing surroundings. You are a very talented lady, my friend.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy
    P.S.: Thanks for your very sweet words on my current post; your perception is and sensitivity never surprise me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...