welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Monday 5 October 2015

Active Rest


There is something about the changing of summer to fall that makes me introspective.
I am not sure exactly where I began my introspection, whether it started that day I yielded to the cooler weather and bravely closed my kitchen window, or the boots and sweaters that were starting to surface amid the flipflops.
Seems musing is synonymous with slowing down and storing up the fruits and memories that generous summer bestows.

My heart has been focusing on an acrostic I read somewhere for the word REST.
I found it to be a powerful message to me and while I meditate on grace and the Lord's provision and pursuit in all the details of my life. I am challenged to let go of fretting and  fully REST.

R repentant spirit
E eternal perspective
S surrendered mind
T trusting heart

A little word that I ponder the whole of; with the inevitable change of life, 
breath and seasons.


                        There's much to learn in nature and it's creatures.


Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait I say on the Lord. 
           Psalms 27:14


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lucy, just beautiful. Loved the photo with the fog over your garden. Enjoyed reading about your musing on rest and its deeper meanings.

    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Psalms verse, Lucy. It looks like there's fog in the first picture, so pretty. REST is a beautiful word, indeed.

    Enjoy these Autumn days, and rest in nature. It brings me peace every time. : )

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo of your garden is so pretty and restful. Nature is always teaching me. This evening as we walked along the creek, not another person in site, we paused to listen to the stillness. It was peace for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not agree more! This season causes me to turn inward and think,analyze and dream.

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...