welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

A Lesson from a Plant on a Sill...

I have always been partial to the plant called Baby Tears.
There is something about the delicate beauty of it that I find mesmerising.

This one has been at home on my window sill a few weeks now, and one thing I have found is how quickly all the little leaves or "faces" are turned out the window.
Almost daily  I pick it up to turn, and  as I was absentmindedly doing this the other day, I was struck with the metaphor of us  and when we Keep our face to the sun we cannot see the shadows....(Helen Keller)

Now looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross...Hebrews 12:2
        
        Let's keep our eyes on Jesus, the One
       who dissipates our shadows.
                                     


                  
    

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful lesson to start my day, dear heart! I don't believe I've ever heard of that kind of plant...it's beautiful. I need to go see if they have that at my local nursery!
    Bless you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rayanne! I hope you can find it, it is also called angel tears I believe.

      Delete
  2. I'm not familiar with the Baby Tears plant~looks lovely, as does your whole window sill with the decor and view. "The One who dissipates our shadows" -- yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy,

    Thank you for such an encouraging post. Bless you

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy ~ I'm so glad you saw the greater meaning in your sweet little plant :) Thank you for sharing ~ I'm going to keep your lesson in mind today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quote made me think of this post: "Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful." ~ Jim Carrey

      I've had a great start to the day here visiting :)

      Delete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...