welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Wednesday 31 July 2013

One Word Wednesday

sojourn


The definition of a sojourn is a temporary visit or stay.
(noun)

Last week someone said this word. It stuck with me, as I pondered it's greater meaning. A derivative of the word journey.
It made me think about our temporary stay here.....as sojourners.
how what I do here should have eternal significance,
how the sorrows and joy here will some day be made perfect.



A sojourn ,here.    Friends who were here for a month fly back to Africa today.
We say good-bye with the hope of seeing them in two years, but no one knows....


                                  We stand on the brink of vast eternity, 
                                       Life is vapor, compared to what will be.

                                          Hope this final day of July treats you well.....
        

3 comments:

  1. I love this word sojourner. It puts everything in its proper perspective, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! I hope your friends have a safe trip back, so far away. I pray you will see them in two years.

    How beautiful that God shared himself you through these people.

    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!
    Hugs and love to you my friend xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...