welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 5 September 2013

Dear Child of Mine...

run, child run. take your dreams and run far.
this place is too small for dreams to the stars.

fly, child fly. spread your wings and fly.

may you find your own castle in the sky.

pray, child pray. Don't forget to pray.

To your heavenly Father who lights your way.


Love, child love. for it is the key

to manifold mysteries and your own identity.
but remember dear child these small words from me,
when we love, truly love....
we set it free.



mentally preparing myself this morning in a quiet house, to say good bye to this girl,

for one. whole. year. (she will come home for visits:)
 I am okay. She is excited and I am too but...you know how it is...
I wonder will she be okay?






as i sit here writing I look over and see this...so typical...sigh. I miss you already:)



Have a good day friends. Thank you for stopping by, I will try and share what she will be doing in a later post... for now I must begin my day!




8 comments:

  1. Here's a big sis (()) hug. How sad if we lived between fences with no gates, or if nothing ever changed! p-s-s-st. Her shoes are like my mother-of-the-bride shoes;) oops! Did she get them at David's Bridal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs returned sis. I know you get this:) about the shoes...I think she got them at Spring in the mall. Have a good day...I am canning pears now.

      Delete
  2. It is hard isn't it? I'm thankful mine are not too far but it is still hard. I miss them. Where is she going for a year? Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerrie. She really isn't going too far. She has the amazing opportunity to work with a ministry in Toronto called http://www.urbanpromise.com/. I am very happy for her..but of course concerned as well:)She will learn a lot and these experiences help shape who they ultimately will become.Blessings to you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lucy,

    Well, this is definitely a milestone, both for you and your lovely daughter. If it makes you feel any better, I've been through this 3 times with the same child! First, she left Greece on a scholarship to her mother's alma mater, then she left for the capital for four years of study there and just this November to Toronto for GOOD!! She's my one and only and I miss her SO much. Needless to say, I'm planning to relocate back 'home' to be close to her for at least half the year! Stay strong, be happy for her new adventure, and yours!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy, that is quite incredible. I know I cannot complain,because she really is only two (aprox) hours from home, not over seas!!! Glad you can come home for a time. Our daughters will be in the same city:)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I always have a hard time letting go! It is natural and it is right...but I still think it is hard. Prayers for your family as you change and grow and adapt...and flourish!

    (I spoke of you on my blog post today. I was inspired by your sweet photo...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting for her and yet difficult for you no doubt.
    It will get easier. It's always so hard as they spread their wings (maybe more so for us moms.
    She is so beautiful and what a sweet Momma she has.
    Blessings and hugs from here!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...