welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Monday 16 September 2013

The Every Day Essential


Warmth. I find I crave it. Every day of the year, but especially in the fall. ( I know it's NOT fall yet, but yikes it really feels like it now...)
  I look for warmth everywhere and in everything.......


from people's faces, the looks and the expressions they imbue. I seek warmth.



I hang sweaters on chairs,many sweaters, many chairs. I let their warmth fill me, then I dispose of them until the chill finds it's way back. 
I find I embrace tea again, in the warm summer months I don't drink a lot of tea. 
Black coffee always; but tea warms, it nourishes, it feels.

                             
                         


                           
                                            I find cushions and throws and rugs and candles.
                         

I make salsa baby, I LOVE fresh salsa. I LOVE how it smells and I find the whole mess to be rather therapeutic. I love tasting and the verdict from family....
Yum, says my youngest " this is good, bland, but in a good way." Whatever, I am not offended I merely laugh, and think maybe she wanted to use the word bland, and maybe it really is bland, either way I know it will be eaten and I can always spice it up with a little hot sauce when I serve it!!
                                                                 



There is days of clear blue sky. Perfect days to visit a fall fair, like we did recently. Perfect days to bask in warmth of community and festivities.








Warmth blooms here with canas, zinnias and sunflowers. The blooms rejuvenate and invigorate and I love how their beauty is not diminished by the threat of fall's chill, 
rather it is enhanced by nature's elements making them strong and vibrant.






     love each other with a warm love...
              that comes from the heart. 1 peter 1:22.




                                                                                                                                                            (all images heart and hearth)

3 comments:

  1. Lucy,
    What a warm and welcoming post. I love Fall too and everything that the season brings. Your salsa doesn't look bland at all; it looks delicious. And is that your sweet child with the painted face?

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ps I love your new Header. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheri, you are so kind.
    I have not been able to figure out how to shrink the header photo...
    I realise it is rather large this way and would like it narrower.
    ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is the very finest kind of warmth isn't it Lucy?
    Love all your autumn thoughts,
    and you know autumn always has been my favourite season for many reasons, although I treasure summer for its warmth too.
    Love and a warm hug to you ;)

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...