welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 14 November 2014

Seasonal Subtleties

                                          



Recently I replaced the quilt on my bed, with a plush and cozy comforter. (I found it calling my name on the Target clearance rack.)



                                        

I am partial to quilts, but I thought it may be nice to add some warmth and this comforter is nice and neutral enough to do that. I think it even works with my green walls.(for now!)
After I did that my casual throw rug looked rather forlorn, so I pursued a few more clearance places and found a rug that works well!

                                                      


                     Fun to make a few changes now and then, isn't it?

It has changed out doors too. The world is blanketed in white today, and looks like it may stay a while.    my flip flops are still under my chair....
I am not sure if I am ready but much like children growing up, it happens anyhow.

                                                    



So the subtle and not so subtle changes happen here, as I get ready to give the china cabinet in my kitchen a makeover. I'll keep you posted on this and other subtleties. 

Off to the races.......Lucy~
                                                          



Ps. Apparently if the leaves are still on the apple trees, the snow is not here to stay! I am pleased to report the leaves are still on the apple trees!


                                

7 comments:

  1. I love the Target clearance rack! I also love that your flip-flops are still under your chair. :)
    Yes, changes come, whether we're ready or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy,

    What a lovely comforter, (the bed skirt is sweet, too), and the new rug complements it perfectly! Your house is looking might cozy; I think I'd sit by that window all day...just staring at the sprinkling snow!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Lucy. Very nice comforter set. Very pretty and how wonderful it was on clearance. You are right. Change, once in awhile, is good. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the cozying is starting to happen your way too. Lovely. We had to bring out our winter quilt a few weeks ago.

    Wishing you a beautiful evening....
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe you already have snow! Its so beautiful though...but I do hope that you do not have all those terrible ice storms like last year. The old fashioned lantern/lamp in your window just melts my heart. Our kitchen is nearly done. I hope to share photos in December when Sea Cottage is decorated in Christmas. I love love love the grey cabinets...its so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for your comment today. Made my heart burst! You are so sweet xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning ~ First I want to thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comment.

    I noticed your flip-flops, they are reminders of warm days past and yet to come. I live n s.e. FL, no snow here and indoors I am barefoot. :-) I always enjoy the wintery scenes in blogs.

    Your bedroom is lovely and I like the little lantern on your window sill.

    May your Christmas holidays be filled with love, peace and joy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...