welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Sunday 2 November 2014

Spelling J.O.Y.

                                                           
                             

                            J.O.Y...
                          J- Jesus first.
                          O-others second
                                  Y- yourself last

                   
    it 's such a small word.
                       but there are times I forget how to spell it.
                Sure I know how to spell it.....I get it wrong though...
                        I put myself first and Jesus last.
                  Then I wonder why I feel so misconstrued!

                         It's not that I don't matter. 

                  I just don't matter more than these other two.....
                                     







When I focus on the love that Jesus has for me it affects my life in intrinsic but profound ways.
I see others through His lens of grace and compassion.                             



            Filling my heart with an effervescent emotion.
        bursting open .....bubbling and gurgling, 
                bringing me joy because I wasn't budding in line....


isn't this cool? 
the store is called Epiphany too...


The photos were taken today, in my lovely hometown of Elora, where we enjoyed a glorious Sunday stroll.
The weather was near perfect for November and I felt myself savoring each and every drop of sunshine.
Daylight faded quickly tonight...because we turned the clocks back last night. 








2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Lucy!

    Feeling particularly partial to that gorgeous blue water one. I feel refreshed looking at it.

    And I'm intrigued by the one with the quote about sharing one's epiphanies with others. That's a neat idea! I guess that's what we all kinda do on our blogs.

    Thanks for sharing these .... wishing you a beautiful day!
    Brenda
    xox


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never 'sounded out' the spelling of 'joy', but this makes complete sense. Along with your beautiful photos of the very pretty and quaint Elora, Ontario, there are some wonderful examples of its meaning, here.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...