welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Necessary Love...

 Never underestimate the power of small kindness. I really had no idea when I decided to wave faithfully every morning to our grumpy and austere bus driver that I would be so transformed.

I started waving and encouraging the kids to be kind and gracious, despite his crankiness. Well our love chipped away a coarse exterior exposing a smiling,waving and appreciative man.

I have tears in my eyes as I write this as I realize that what I started out to try and change and soften someone elses' heart ,which is so exciting to see, I also come away changed, humbled and thankful .
It really is God's love for me that makes it possible for me to extend it to others, and sometimes the
smallest deeds are the most profound.


                                                                        

              The people who are the hardest to love;
                              are the ones who need it the most.
                                             ~Socrates~



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lucy and so true.
    In our obedience and love for HIm, He changes us too!
    Blessings!

    In His love,
    Deborah xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You encourage me, this day! Anyone can love the loveable it takes the spirit of God with in us to love the unlovable! Hugs and blessings all over your day!

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...