welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Gathering Gratitude

Please listen to the beautiful song...
in lieu of Thanksgiving here in Canada.

                
 
 
To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything He has given us - and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.

Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God. For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is what makes all the difference
.”
Thomas Merton
 
 
 so many times I've thought of writing a gratitude list , and been a bit embarrassed that I haven't started one. Well here goes; beginning late may be better than never beginning.

1.The four seasons,2.my four daughters,3.one faithful husband,4.one terrific son who makes me smile,5.a husband who can fix most things 6.hearing a great song on the radio when I'm driving alone and I can turn up the volume:)7.piano teacher who comes to my house 8.waiting ,and the blessing it can be. 9.supper in the oven 10.flowers and hydrangea,11.laughter& it's healing properties,12.a bible study on the book of Esther 13.grace beyond comprehension,14.consignment stores, 15.light for my bike so I can ride at dusk,16..health more valuable than any wealth...



           I would like to cultivate more gratitude in my life, so I will try and add
                                                                                              to the list with each post.






 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lucy, I loved this post on gratitude ~ we cannot be thankful enough! You have a great start on that list... everything has to begin somewhere! I noticed that images in the video were of the "small things" in everyday life. They are really the most important! Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...