welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Saturday 20 April 2013

Rain, Radio and Rice Cakes

The rain pulses a steady rhythm as I race to my van after bringing in the groceries and putting them away.I am on my way to pick up my daughter. Somehow two, whole school years have passed and now it is time for the final voyage.
I go back through my mind over two years ago when her and I set out to the 'big city' almost a two hour drive away. She wanted to see the school and write her entrance exam. I recall the trepidation as I wrestled with all the emotions of letting go.
Now two years later....I still wrestle. Yes, it may have gotten somewhat easier but at times I feel the anxiety of all that I cannot change or control.

                            

I think a mother's heart strings are elastic. They need to expand and shrink so many times throughout the years.As time goes on and life brings change;
 the elastic stretches to accommodate the accompanying emotions. As each child strains toward independence, the heartstrings now used to stretching do so with more ease and grace. In this time of stretching the heart learns it can expand and open to possibilities once thought beyond its realm. The heart finds a new, comfortable place within this constant stretching of strings. 
A peace in all circumstances is a fine trade off for feeling in control of hopes, wishes and dreams.




rain-soothes my spirit,music -speaks to my heart,rice cakes- comfort my stomach:)

the drive I made almost weekly to pick up my daughter is a metaphor for the journey it was....beautiful,long,and stretching...







 Life is constant transit 
towards tomorrow and through today....









my oldest is finished college...she took a two year veterinary technician program...now comes the fun part of finding work!

                             

          and Happy Twentieth Birthday...as well. 
              so much to celebrate.....

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...heartstrings are made of elastic. I've felt mine stretch lately--my daughter is 20, too. Seemed easier at 2 when we had control over their life happenings. Such a pretty girl. I hope she finds the job of her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being the mom of a graduate! It is indeed an accomplishment to celebrate. I loved your comments about moms having to allow their heartstrings to stretch. So true. And I think once a mom, always a mom -- no matter how old our kids, we will still be their moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lucy congrats to your daughter!!!
    She is beautiful!
    And I know...I so understand. Isn't it so comforting to know that He is in control. Sending comfort to your mothers heart....and some warm hugs!
    It really was so much easier when they were little...but as you said...here comes the stretching part....and stretching can be beneficial too right? ;)

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy,
    There are so many changes in a young woman's life. Your daughter is experiencing some of her own. She will do fine, as she has a mother who loves and understands.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter! We're getting a new puppy, so I wish we lived closer to you. I'd go where she finds a job. Saying a prayer for her. . .

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...