welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 16 May 2013

A Sad Week



                         



Sometimes you have to remind yourself that the sun WILL shine again.
Clouds come and go but beauty can be found in the strangest places.

                                     



When we love with all our heart; we hurt with all our heart.
This is our sweet tragedy. So much of life is bittersweet.

                                       


But the birds  sing when  the dawn is still dark. We must too.
For if we don't then sorrow has won.
           



We must hold gently the windswept moments of today.
Whisper close those sentiments you feel.
                                          



Then accept what is, what can not be changed. 
Move forward with dignity and grace, and the knowledge
 of God's amazing love.







Lately the news has been particularly tragic...so many heartbreaking stories...and on a different level here on the home front...we are mourning the loss of our beloved dog Canyon.I talked about him here.

A few days ago he vanished and we don't have a clue at his whereabouts...we are so sad; as we miss his place in our family. Last evening on my bike ride I had to remind myself to look for the beauty and to LOVE
deeply while I can...



And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8



10 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy, I do hope that you find your dog, Canyon. Our pets become part of our family so quickly. Hopefully he is just roaming around for a bit of adventure, and will return home soon. I loved this post today. It reminds me to always stay calm and in grace even in times of sadness, which isn't always easy to do.

    Please let me know if Canyon shows up.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss..I imagine that it is especially hard to not know what happened. Our dogs are so much a part of the family and we do grieve so when they are no longer with us. We lost our beloved Maggie just a few days after I completed my cancer treatment. I was so distraught about it that I couldn't even blog about it. Thankfully our Lord is so faithful and helps us heal through these loses.

    Much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sherri and Sheri...I'll keep you posted if we find out anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way Sherri, that would of been a very traumatic time I can understand you not blogging about it...

      Delete
  4. I sorry, Lucy. Our pets are dear to us. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Lucy Im so sorry to hear this.
    Lifting Canyon and your family up before His Throne.
    Sending you hugs my dear friend and praying for Him to comfort and give peace to all of you in these days. xoxoox

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jodi and Deborah...that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Lucy. That is heart wrenching. We're getting puppies tomorrow, after ten years without a pet. My last loss was so devastating I just couldn't go there. I know joy comes in the morning, but the night is hard.
    Praying you'll find Canyon. Whatever happens, I pray for God's peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I followed your comment at Teagirl's blog over here. May the Lord, who specializes in finding lost things, bring Canyon home to your family. The loss of a pet is so hard, I know, though I have not lost one in just this way. May the Lord comfort you and keep your eyes and heart open to beauty and love. Grace to you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete

  9. gorgeous photos...God is good.

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...